May 6
th, Paul and I flew to Houston Texas. We watched the Jazz beat the Rockets at Chili's just outside of Houston. On Sunday we got on a cruise ship going to 4 ports. We stayed until Mother's Day. Paul thought I might want to see the kids on Mother's Day. We had a good time and the kids grew so much while we were gone. Ian is acting like a little boy now.
The first shore excursion we took was to
Tulum and
Xel-ha.
Tulum was build on a cliff, it had walls around 3 sides and the beautiful ocean on the other side. It was so beautiful.
Xel-ha was a natural water park. We walked up the river and got a tube and snorkel. We rode the tube down the lazy river, then got bored and started to snorkel. It was really nice. We enjoyed looking at the fish and enjoying our time in the water.

One of the towel animals that greeted us each night.

We were so brave. On the boat they served snails. Paul decided to order them and I made sure that I had the camera to capture the moment. I was feeling really brave so Paul talked me into trying them. They tasted like mushrooms with lots of butter and garlic. We told the kids about the snails, but made sure that they knew that we didn't eat the snails from the garden. We told them not to eat the snails outside.

This was a cemetery that we drove by in Galveston Texas. I thought it was beautiful with all of the flowers growing.

This is Joel and Trisha. We ate dinner with them
every night. We tried a lot of different foods with them and had a good time. The two guys in the middle were are waiters. They treated us so good. I was spoiled.


On our last excursion we got off the boat and rented a car. We drove to C
hichen Itza. It was amazing. The city was so big. As we were driving there were thousands of butterflies in the air, that was beautiful.
Chichen Itza is a must see for anyone going to
Progresso or Cancun.
Chichen Itza
Costa Maya was beautiful. We got off the ship to shop and play on the beach. We were a little tired so we didn't stay long. We should have done a shore excursion, since the shopping was not so great. We did have a relaxing day. I got to read a book not on the 1st or 2
nd grade level. It was so nice.

This is the only picture that I got on
Roton Honduras. It was such a beautiful island. It looked like a jungle. There were little roads that curved all over that place, it reminded me of San
Fransisco. The
snorkeling was great,
although Paul took me to the outside to the coral reef, and I told him that I didn't want to be eaten by a shark, so I swam in to the shore. He told me there was no sharks, and then at dinner someone told us that on the other side of the island they had seen a shark.
Paul and I had such a good time, Paul is already trying to figure out when we can go again. It was so relaxing and nice to be together. We had a lot of people that helped us by watching the kids for us so that we could go. Thank you so much. Sorry things are out of order, I have no idea how to move pictures and put them in the right order.
No comments:
Post a Comment