Yesterday Grandma Newton went to sleep and didn't wake up. Our family will miss her. We are glad that she is with Grandpa again, and not hurting. She left us with a lot of good memories. She taught us to make awesome pies, to love candy and coke, and to "think skinny".
Some of my good memories of her involve riding the bus downtown and meeting her at the lion house. We would then go to lunch and ride home in her big green car. When we pulled into the driveway she would tell us to "think skinny", so the the back bumper wouldn't scrape. She loved her family and always wanted us around. Every year we would get together and decorate her Christmas tree. We always had wassel and would play games together. When grandma was around there was always food and candy. Daniel said that he like Grandma Newton because she always had candy. I remember one family party where she had so many two liters of shasta pop, the cousins had a contest to see who could get the most flavors in there cup. I remember always having Hubba Bubba Bubble Gum for us.
She was the fun grandma that always had lots of fun toys for us to play with. When we went on cousin camp outs she was always the first one up and had hot drinks for us when we got up.
My last visit with her was really nice. Robyn and I took Haley, Emmy, Kemry, Ian and Luke to see her. She was really nice to us. She looked happy to see us. She told us over and over again that she loved us. It was a nice way to say goodbye.
I am sure that she is happy now. I suppose she even knows how I got two red heads, and I plan to ask her when I see her, instead of the other way around.
Until we meet again, Grandma Newton, I love you and will miss you.
1 comment:
I just had to comment on your blog. It is such a long story how I got here, but it started with Zach commenting on my friends sisters blog. I just by chance read "Util We Meet Again" and I have a very special Grandma Newton who passed away in 2004 and I have 2 red heads. I also wonder where they came from. I found it intersting that you are LDS too. Hope you don't mind me commenting.
Post a Comment