The night before school started, we had Grandpa Jaffa come over and help give the kids blessing for the school year. Dallin got too excited and fell off his seat and got a cut in his head. He was not very happy and I felt bad for him. I am glad that we have started the tradition of getting blessing before school starts. Kemry and Ian even wanted a blessing too.
Dallin ready to go to school. Doesn't he look good.
Daniel joined him. I did go and buy them new helmets after school. These are there very old helmets.
Every one lined up for a picture inside the bike fence. Ian had to wear his helmet as he sat in the stroller riding to school. Kemry did ride her scooter.The summer is over and the kids have gone back to school. The boys got to ride their bikes to school the first day. Dad was so nice and stayed up late to make sure that all the bikes had a tune up. Kemry, Ian and I walked the boys to school. We helped them lock up their bikes and get in the right line.
They got to see a lot of the kids that we go to church with. When the bell rang we walked home, and the boys went to class. Dallin was so mad at me that I made him where a new school outfit, he wanted to wear his own outfit. I told him for pictures he had to wear this, and reminded him that he said he would wear it before I bought it. He just doesn't care about clothing.
When we got home Ian was sad. He wanted to know where the boys were. I told him at school and he said "no, I want them home." I told him that school is their job right now and they have to go to school.
The boys are not sure they like the new school. We are glad that sunrise finally got a playground but Daniel is mad that they will not let 3rd graders and younger play on it. I talked to the office and they said that the playground was made for bigger kids so they don't let the littler ones play on it. I AM MAD! Why does an elementary school by a playground for older kids that play football, soccer, or four square at recess. I have already had a talk with one of the ladies in the office and have had no success.
Last night Daniel asked Dad why we had to move. He wanted to know when we will be moving again, and when we can move back to the old house. So Sad. He loves Lone Peak Elementary and wants to go back.
The kids have found a lot of friends. Dallin invites everyone over to our house as they walk by it on their way home. He even found a friend for Kemry one day.
When the boys got home from school, Daniel reminded me of another tradition that our family has on the first day of school, a trip to Dairy Queen for ice cream. I don't remember that tradition but was happy to take them and get an ice cream cone.
No comments:
Post a Comment